Weekly Wisdom/Thoughts on Truth

Love is My Life's Work
(The Promise of Christmas, Unity 1993) 
 
 
Today I welcome love into my life.

"A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; even as I have loved you..."
(John 13:34) 

Today I embrace Jesus' words.  I reflect upon what it means to truly "love one another".  I reaffirm both my unconditional regard and utmost respect for all human beings.
 
Jesus loved unconditionally.  Shortly before His crucifixion, for example, Jesus told Peter that he would betray Him.  And Peter remembered the word of Jesus, "And before the cock crows, you will deny me three times.  And he went out and wept bitterly."  (Matthew 26:75)  Even though Jesus knew that Peter would deny Him, Jesus still loved Peter.  I can love unconditionally, just as Jesus did.
 
Jesus loved others by showing respect for them.  Jesus respected His disciples so much that He was willing to wash their feet.  Afterwards, He said, "For I have given you an example that you should do as I have done to you". (John 13:15)  I can love others by showing respect for them, just as Jesus did.
 
Today and throughout this Advent season, I am love.


Richest Blessings, 
Nancy Norman